Thursday, May 10, 2012

About the Project

I'm a huge history buff. So when this project was explained, and we had the chance to discuss the "what if"s of an apocalypse via historical events, I knew right away the Cold War was what I wanted to cover. The Cold War if full of "what if"s. What if the Vietnam war never existed? What if the Bay of Pigs was successful? Follow up to that: if it was, would there have even been the Cuban missile crisis? That and many other questions are something we can only discuss in theory, and also which is something what I wanted to touch on, because there was no way I could cover something that took up over half a century in U.S. and international history. I think that this blog at the least shines a light on all the variables that went into the cold war and how the tug of war between the U.S. and the Soviet Union played itself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment